Help! SRT Phone display is acting weird!

Black vertical lines are appearing on my phone screen and display is generally acting weird with semi-transparent coloured lines (vertical) appearing and the display not refreshing properly (sometimes a semi transparent image of the previous page gets stuck on the display). But once I start using it and the phone heats up, all the problems are gone! :slight_smile: :worried: . But it comes back after I keep the phone idle for sometime. I had experienced this issue a while back but it fixed itself. Does anyone know what is happening with my phone?? I remember that I had dropped it a day before the issue came :cry: . @smartron @tcare , fellow trons please help.

i think it’s a display issue… please visit your nearest survice centre

1 Like

I’ll be doing that. I wanted to knew if anything else cold be done.

I also face this issue. Help us

1 Like

I am also facing this problem…

@tcare, @Abhishek_TV, if i give my device in service center… how many days it will take to fix the problem?

1 Like

@Sreejith @dharmaveer1
You have to contact the nearest service centre: https://smartron.com/service-centres.html

Only service centre guys or @tcare can say the approximate time required for the service.
Contact @tcare
PHONE
1800 301 02866
EMAIL
tcare@smartron.com
WORKING HOURS (Mon to Sat)
8:00 am to 9:00 pm

1 Like

@tcare Please respond!!!

Hi @Sreejith, hope you have warranty and check do you accidental insurance, please contact authorised service center.

1 Like

I am sure that it will take more than 50 days and not sure that whether you get it back or not. Because my phone with display problem is pending for 53 days at Kerala service centre and don’t know when I will get it back or not. Given for service on 25.07.18 and writing this on 16.09.18. You go and complain in tcare or toll free number, you are not going to get any help. They are sitting on complaints. My first email to tcare took twelve days for a reply. Such is the pathetic attitude of Smartron service guys… Better do not buy anything from this company. Micromax is better choice.

1 Like

@viju
We are sorry to hear that. Can you share the ticket number with me? I will escalate your issue with the concerned team.

First Ticket No. 5337246026
Second Ticket No. 5368608173
Work Order No. ZCT/SM/18/00018 dtd. 25.07.18

Thanks for sharing this.

Same display problem is here for me .It’s occuring from yesterday.horizontal lines throughout the screen.What should I do now.I am scared about the servicing centre just like @viju , if I will get back my srt…

1 Like

We customers have no other option, give the device to customer care. If they did not service it in time, register a complaint with tcare through email. They will give you a ticket number. Use this number while contacting in the toll free number. When calling, you can ask for their managers number, email address and also ask for the number of your regional managers number, email etc. Or you can write about your hardship with service in forum. These are things customers can do. Rest is in their hands. What I understood is there is so much delay from Smartron. The service centre personnel are not getting service spares in time. Delay is from their end. The service centre cannot be blamed for this. I complained through email, the mail was sent on 08.08.18, the reply received was on 20.08.28 actually. I called the regional manager, Kerala. He said he will look into the issue. But after that whenever I try to connect him, he did not take up the phone. Such persons are working in their ranks. Hope your problem solve soon than mine

2 Likes

I called the service center. They told me that if it is a serious issue, and the display need to be changed, there will be a serious delay of about one or one and a half month due to lack of spares from the company side! Why have the service centers, if you cannot fix the phones in the first place? And yeah, Smartron screwed us.

Please change my mind! :pray: :pray: :pray:

@Sreejith
Sorry to hear that. You may please contact our customer care team @tcare
PHONE
1800 301 02866
EMAIL
tcare@smartron.com
WORKING HOURS (Mon to Sat)
8:00 am to 9:00 pm

I called the service center. And I must say, it was a pretty good experience! I didn’t get the first time. But on the second the phone picked. The guy was really good. I told him about the problem. He told that it could either be a problem with the motherboard or the display itself. He said that display issues doesn’t come under warranty and if the problem is with the motherboard it would be serviced free of cost. He said that he would initiate a pick up once he gets approval from his manager. He also told me that a new display costs Rs 3800 plus service charges!!! :Money He also said that since the repair is done by the company there wouldn’t be any extra taxes which make the repair price in service centers go up to RS 5500 :frowning2: :money_with_wings: . And that was it. Hope he gets the approval. He told that he will call me back tomorrow. So I’m waiting for that. Will update once he calls me.

UPDATE: Didn’t get the call back from them. Called tcare back. Another guy took the call. Told he will try to do the same. Told he will call tomorrow. So waiting for that.

@Sreejith
Okay. Hope your issue will be solved ASAP.

1 Like