Why is smartron ditching Tphone, even though visually and spec wise it's superior to SRT?

Why is smartron ditching Tphone, even though visually and spec wise it’s superior to SRT?
It has always impressed me visually and spec wise it’s got SD 810 processor giving 2.1 ghz speed. Of course it doesn’t have finger print sensor. but what’s the point in ditching it n not improvising it. Not even an update after marshmallow is certainly a disappointing let down. Please release android updates at least. Meanwhile SRT fone looks simpler in appearance and had lower specs but is being pushed a lot in market!?!

2 Likes

Not even 1k units sold so it’s simply waste of time and effort plus older processor

4 Likes

Maybe you are right in the part of low sales, but a phone which has better configuration n visual appeal than SRT, doesn’t get a fair similar marketing or promotions. If not for Tphone, I might never have looked at smartron, as the first impression visual appeal of srt is very average. I think smartron made a mistake in not promoting tphone as its flagship model n upgrading it periodically. Even yesterday I placed an order for tphone to gift it to someone as I still adore that phone, but felt bad they don’t seem to update even the android os. I did Google comparison between tphone and the latest hit in market Redmi note 5 pro. Tphone even now stands ahead of this Redmi note 5 pro and losing out only on camera and batry(redmi has 4000mah). These two loses against note5 pro is only Bros of smartrons camera and batry are 2yr old in market and smartron also don’t bother to bring a timely next version or market the existing one properly.

2 Likes

Wrong point, it doesn’t have a better configuration than the srt.phone. The SD810 is not an AR player, while SD652 is, the cameras are almost same with the srt having a better selfie camera (1 MP, still). Being the second phone, Smartron got an idea 9f what’s important in a phone, pushing in more and more sensors into this which make the phone more usable. Battery is same again. Only the AMOLED is the big strong point of it.
Also, as you mentioned, it doesn’t receive updates for some reason and no. of users are less. So clear why Smartron kind of ditched it

3 Likes

@ paletinikhil: Thanks for the info. Not sure how that would affect the overall regular usage and its performance.

As far as i know, this is how i look at a phone’s ability to perform:

1. SD’s ability:
    SD 652: 4 x 1.8GHz & 4 x 1.4GHz
    SD 810: 4 x 2GHz & 4 x 1.5GHz

SD652: 28nm semi conductor
SD810: 20nm semi conductor (A smaller size indicates that the chip creation process much more latest in terms of what is available in the market)

SD652: 933MHz
SD810: 1600MHz (higher it is, it can support faster memory, which will give quicker system performance)

SD 652: OPENGL ES Version 3
SD 810: OPENGL ES Version 3.1 (OpenGL ES is used for games on mobile devices such as smartphones. Newer versions support better graphics.)

SD 652: Doesnt support 4K (Adreno510 in sd652 is a much slower performer)
SD 810: Supports 4K resolution (thanks to Qualcomm Adreno 430)

So clearly we are choosing a inferior processor by choosing SRT phone

1. Nothing much to talk about camera here, as both are equally bad and nothing to boast about.

2. Regarding more sensors, im wondering whats the point in giving more sensors when you are downgrading your phone’s core itself.

Overall they i feel they just lost to identify which should be their Flagship phone with a better physical design as well. Maybe the revenue per pc is better on SRT, making them still push for SRT and not T phone. Imagine if the right updates are provided, it would perform even more than its current gen one. Ofcourse, for some reason Smartron did not choose T phone to be marketed as much they did for SRT. Also it looks just like any of those numerous Chinese phones available in the market. Number of Tphone user is less, bcos the push for sales on that product is also less compared to SRT.

Now looks like their 3rd phone Tphone P with more sensors + bigger battery(and similarly the core of the phone everything has been reduced even further, making it not worth discussing).

Hopefully, if they provide atleast Android updates for T Phone as well, it will be awesome on functionality and usage.

2 Likes

Now that you ask, I tell you, I’ve used both the Samsung J5 and Moto G4 Play, both have the same Hardware specs, but the J5 has 5 Sensors while the G4 has 8. Just 3 sensors more, but trust me, the user experience was WAAAAYYYY too better in the G4 with the very same Launcher (Microsoft Launcher).
A similar and more devastating example on effect on sensors is the Lenovo Zuk Z2 and the srt.phone itself.
The Zuk Z2 was the revolutionary phone with an SD 820 under ₹15,000, but the User Experience in the srt (surprisingly) was better. How? It has about 18 sensors, while the srt boasts a HUMUNGOUS 39 sensors (well over double). What this does is help you run ANY APP right out of the play store without a second thought, more accurate responses and option in method of usage.

4 Likes

Nahp. Cores and core speeds define nothing.
This is something MediaTek has forced us into believing… The SnapDragon 820 was the biggest Middle Finger to the MediaTek Family. With only 4 Cores, it killed it with performance while the Octa Core SD 810 was barely half as capable as this Quad Core CPU.

The biggest profit of this is only battery life and ability to get in more transistors in a smaller place, getting better performance. The SD 810 does both in a similar way as to the SD 652. t.phone has same battery woes, and a similar benchmark.

Woah woa, it does! The srt.phone does have 4K recording and playback abilities and 720p 120 fps on the rear and 720p Slo-Mo even with the Selfie Cam.

1 Like

And if you think Smartron killed the t.phone, it was anyways their first phone and might’ve had some real big issue that they found out later on.
The srt, despite being the smaller sibling, has a far more capable working and functioning. This can by far be called the best phone under ₹20,000 which would be followed by the t.phone in the 2nd or 3rd place only. But this was MURDERED. See how the t.phoneP (a Chinese rebrand) has received all this hype like a flagship while these 2 were left rotting. If ANY ONE of these got probably HALF the advertising and hype as the t.phoneP, Smartron would be in the place of Xiaomi today. Easily!

3 Likes

Your right. So for that number of sensors and their related functionalities or relevant apps to perform smoothly you need to have a good processor.

They sense changes surrounding or on the device and send them to the processor for it to become effective. For eg: as mentioned earlier, SD652, has adreno 510, which becomes a slower performer when resolution going upto 4K and above is played as it cant support it(while a SD810 can). So all related apps, games and files to show a 4K content will slow down the entire processor affecting other running apps as well to slow down. Ofcourse i dont have to mention again on the processing speed again(which 810 is better), which is important when the sensors pass msg to the CPU and for the change to take place.

1 Like
  1. Have Used phones with 2.5ghz speed and have never felt it lag even a bit. now thats how the processing speed should work, which eventually will fail over a period when you have mutiple apps running at the same time. Certainly not about the core, just about the processing speed.

2. SD652 having a 28nm is much cheaper one and it is related to battery and eventually the performance. SD652 28nm is much inferior compared SD810’s 20nm. but similar battery woes can be due to mutiple factors as the core itself is different.

3. Good to hear it has 4K. Thought so, as smartron is trying to sell it as their best phone yet.

So eventually while T phone has better specs to perform better, i notice that we are only trying to prove that SRT has stuff to look at it as flagship product.

1 Like

4mp of tphone is better than 5mp if u read it properly. In terms of number it sounds lesser than srt phone camera but its an ultra pixel camera similarly used by the HTC in the flagship device the HTC one. U can check it on the net …

3 Likes

but one thing you all fogot…the heating issue of 652 was lower heating than 810…if smArtron keep their price lower…srt-10k and t phone 15-16k…then it would boost their sales 50℅ more…in india bikta woohi hai who Provides value for money phones…

1 Like

Samsung is second highest seller in India with Apple also in top 5 highest sellers.

Truth is, India mai vohi bikta hai jo “foreign brand” ka stamp le aata hai.
Then every one of your mistakes is forgiven and everyone is ready to buy no matter what you sell.

1 Like

no way you are wrong samsung,apple can sell their phone because of their brand value,trust,better service centre…which mi don’t have but they Provides super value for money Product thats none can…

1 Like

both of you are correct ! @paletinikhil

3 Likes

I never said they have worse servicing. :joy::joy:
And I never even spoke of Samsung’s servicing :joy::joy:.

And ok, let Samsung and Apple have the best servicing. Are you going to use your phone on a daily basis with apps that require processor power, sensors, storage, software features and optimization to work or are you going to just visit the service centre daily to relish their speed?
Look atservicing costs. Any day, spending a little more would fetch you the same phone in some cases and probably another similar/temporary phone till you pile up money for another flagship.
I highly respect how they provide tons of help and obviously would like it if Smartron could do well too, but it’s of no use when the phones are absolute shit.

And you’ve just helped me prove this line. Based on how you are defending Samsung and Apple for their 3rd class products costing a bomb, just trying to see the one or 2 positives they hold while you’re abusing smartron all around the forum for a delay in Oreo Update, (probably) knowing Oreo has been mischievous in all phones from MiA1 to S8 to OnePlus 5.

3 Likes

Going for a samsung or apple is like becoming a sheep flock and blindly going by the biggest brand in market without understand what u r going to receive and its realistic capabilities. Among the expensive smart phones i recently loved the the Essential Phone PH1. Its not chinese development, its american. The phone was launched a couple of years ago i guess and still stands apart in the market for all its uniqueness. Something which i was able to relate to in a T Phone(mean the unique feel, not to compare the specs).

2 Likes

Even MI has similar number of service centers in India. but point blank to understand that samsung and apple have given enough and more worse after sales service situations to customers. The proportionate numbers will speak for that. So lets us now get into assumption that the bigger the brand the better the service. Nope! thats just an illusion n not reality. In India its still safe n wise to have a separate insurance for break or liquid damage n extended warranty from good 3rd party vendor(incase you might a use a phone more than a year).

1 Like

To all in this discussion: Would suggest we understand the phones real capabilities than judging based on a review which says “xyz phone has amazing 6gb ram” etc… i know the capabilities of T phone and its really upto date good as per market standards. Smartron not updating Android version on it has not made it into a inferior product(it still gives a great output compare to a whole lot of phones in the market). This is something simlilar i have faced with my other phone blackberry priv. BB stopped updates, but the phone with its 3gb ram outperforms most 4gb ram. Thanks to many other aspects of the phone which makes it outperform others.

2 Likes

Honestly, the reviews by big tech tubers are just a word-to-word replica of the Launch Event except for the long gaps to let the audience laugh or say “wooohooh”. And they define nothing.
Beebom went frenzy with the Note8 with that 6GB RAM while now they are saying in almost every other video that or hangs like hell. Giving us a false perspective initially, burning our money.
I was just about to get an MiA1 based on it’s reviews and how the youtubers spewed venom on to the image of Smartron for me pointing out just negatives (probably because smartron didn’t pay them). I’m today just enjoying a good laugh daily burning the as**S of my friends who were laughing at me for going for Smartron and boasting about how they’re all getting MiA1s, now seeing their MiA1s hang, falter at every step and so. Idk what the srt got me, but it sure got Smartron my support to the extent that I’ll probably not even risk going for another brand in the near future.

1 Like