Why is smartron ditching Tphone, even though visually and spec wise it's superior to SRT?

I agree to your point that most youtube reviews are just a read thru of the specs available on the phone’s box. Though some are good in giving a better information on what can be expected out of it.

However, on your point of not going out of Smartron ever, doesnt mean there is not a better phone gonna come out in the market. I love Tphone, so i go ahead and buy another one. but one year down the line with no update from Smartron, its a situation where Smartron is forcing me to leave unless they bring out a real good version 2 of the T phone(and not bring some nonsense configuration like Tphone P and spoiling the little bit of name tphone has). i dont want people to look at Smartron as cheap budget phone company, which it isnt. But Tphone P has now kinda done that damage.

2 Likes

jinko updates dena hai woo too de dega…oo permission ke lia wait nehi Karta…samsung is premium brand so we give premium money for them…jisO lena hai oo too lee lega …but ther os is clean not buggy like ours…so update doesn’t matter for them… samsung use their custome os not stock Android so Android 7 or 8 doesn’t change much…do you know…why we need updates… because of stay out of this annoying software buggs…these premium company mid range phones are wrost in turms Of specs but they doesn’t have such a buggy os Experience…

1 Like

Dude, you better not speak about technical stuff. The number of senseless things you say is out of the world!

Yaa, and later will sell phones with the “Uncertified device” tag. Beta versions were not approved, but stable ones are and must be. But yes, some bigger brands can invest in getting a permanent “Certification” for a period of few years for a single designing strategy which might not be easily done.[quote=“subhashis, post:24, topic:6083”]
but ther os is clean not buggy like ours
[/quote]

Are you serious again? Maybe you’re Beta, but for God’s sake! Compare our device with the MiA1 in real use scenarios! And Samsung’s TouchWiz is a Hang Mania. Even the Note8 starts to hang after 3 months as Beebom has said and my 4 months old srt with 170 apps runs smooth
.[quote=“subhashis, post:24, topic:6083”]
these premium company mid range phones are wrost in turms Of specs but they doesn’t have such a buggy os Experience…
[/quote]

Have you really EVER used a Samsung, Xiaomi device with TouchWiz or MiUI? I have the Redmi Note 3 with a superior SD 650 and… Guess what? It doesn’t perform half as good. Not even half as much as the MiA1. The no. of bugs in those are… Unbearable and too much.
Also, you are ALREADY bashing Smartron for “forgetting srt” despite getting the Oreo Update while Samsung and Xiaomi have even forgotten their recent flagships. MiA1 is unsupported at the moment (but will get updates thanks to Google) and the S7 is already irrelevant despite being the top tier phone of Samsung and has received no updates.
Again, if you are having the Beta build, you have a different world from me.
And if you aren’t, please explain what “bugs” you are facing. We all at the forum ultimately have solutions and are here to help. And some might not be bugs specifically and just how the OS works.

3 Likes

t phone priceing is very bad if it is release at 16k…then it will be big blast but smArtron did wrong there…so t phone falls…

but every thing is stuck in brand value if samsung release it then it will sold 21k but …any other company release their phone at 21k it’s not gone be sold…ex-s8 and lg v30…s8 58k …v30 plus 44k…

1 Like

@sidb is question for android update coming to point nexus 6p has same processes has has received 8.1.0 update less customer or more not a point providing update is point @paletinikhil as u say smatron srt has many user y there is delay in update still no confirmation for update release please support who are purchased tphone p and as of now srt phone is last update with android o no confirmation will it get 8.1.0 r not

1 Like

1 Like

@paletinikhil yes i agree to the point @atmsrinivasan is mentioning about. irrespective of the number of users, providing updates will only enhance the trust value, which inturn helps in better brand building. Its all interlinked.

I’m really late for this
I agree they aren’t releasing updates for tphone
Main Pros: Screen(AMOLED), design, build quality, call quality, speakers(dts)
Biggest Cons: Average camera and battery.
Tphone is quite impressive, though its camera and battery could be better. It ran without any performance lag and came with unlimited cloud storage.It’s backed by a bit old generation CPU giving Android M with occasional heating problem…Lacks fingerprint sensor,two generation old Snapdragon 810 CPU,It could have been priced below Rs. 20,000(sensors &processors vary with time :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not stressing)
Overall it’s a balanced device, but camera enthusiasts looked for other options and the price was high. Lately no production too…causing no updates.
Remember, when demand is there the supply increases…

1 Like

Price would be 16k max…but they claim it 22k… thats too much

1 Like

thanks for your views @shashankadluri.24. agreed on your main pros and biggest cons,. however, when i tried comparing the SD810 processor with an of the latest phones in market(having SD65 - even in the latest redmi phones), and noticed tphone outperforming on the core.

Yes snapdragon810 is 2 yrs old but stilll it seems to be better than SD6series. as far as android M is concerned, the phone still has better config and having a update will make it even better. With latest updates, im sure the phone has more to prove which Smartron has decided to neglect! im not getting into the price factor as its always a marketing strategy. If its low, its good for us :slight_smile: no production or any of its current situation is what i am wondering about, as Smartron feels SRT is a better phone to promote.

2 Likes

the question is not about the price chief… i feel Smartron could have given enough importance in marketing T phone as its flagship model and taken it to next level with a gen 2 of it. If you guys notice, even Smartron’s big boss Mr. Reddy, reveals and explains products with T phone n not SRT

1 Like

Demand is less so supply chain has been dropped.
I’m afraid, U may get service but no updates…that’s it smartron can’t look back.It is not a pioneer yet. Let smartron team reply you…

1 Like

The other guy needs some consultation :stuck_out_tongue: